Re: [alfa] RE: 164 up in flames

Some non-automotive hoses will deteriorate in the presence of gasoline, but if the fuel pressure between the fuel (delivery) pump and the (sequential) injection pump is 6-7 psi then SAE 30R7 hose as specified for carburetor applications should be fine. I just didn't know what that pressure was.

-Joe

--On Friday, September 12, 2003 9:09 AM -0500 Jason Hagen <hagen_jason1@domain.elided> wrote:

I recall reading in my Spider SPICA manual that the pressure is
maintained by the orifice/hose connector on the output side of the Spica
pump (returning to the fuel tank) at about 6 or 7 PSI.  Just enough to
ensure the fuel is delivered to the Pump without interuption.

That being said, I would think you could use just about any type of hose
(fishtank airline and garden hose come to mind ;)... or at least the same
hose intended for carbs.

-Jason Hagen

From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
To: Alfa Romeo Digest <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] RE: 164 up in flames
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:52:43 -0400

Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:14:38 -0500
From: "Jason Hagen" <hagen_jason1@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [alfa] RE: 164 up in flames

Is this 30r7 acceptable for SPICA injected vehicles (which are lower
pressure)?
Are we sure SPICA is lower pressure?  I know a lot of the pressure comes
from the SPICA injection pump, but I'd look up or measure the pressure
upstream of the injection pump before assuming it's appreciably lower
than  that of Bosch EFI.  SAE 30R7 should be fine for carburetors,
though.

-Joe