[alfa] Re: Rain in Seattle and seeking Berlina suspension suggestions

> Thanks for the input.
>
> Gordy Hyde
> on the edge of Seattle
> where I finally saw rain for the first time in 70 days!!
> NWARC Pres.

Very different from a few years ago when Seattle experienced 85+ (I think)
days of rain in a row over the winter.  We had just moved from my home town
of Tacoma ( Hi Lino and Carlo) to the Sun Valley area.  I was a NWARC member
back then.  Loved SIR track day in my 76 Alfetta GT back in the late 80's.

On an Alfa note, I am getting ready to re-do my 71 Berlina suspension.  The
front needs at least one ball joint.  The rear needs springs.  I may do the
shocks at the same time, but may be able to use what is one there.  If I
replace, I was thinking Koni Reds or Bilsteins.  My biggest issue is where
to get new rear springs.  I do not want to lower too much and understand
that most of the parts suppliers have springs designed for Spiders and GTVs
but not as tall as stock Berlina springs.  I am not opposed to lowering a
little if that is the overall best option.  I suppose I could use spacers
with the IAP or Centerline springs for Spiders and GTVs.  I am interested in
a sporty suspension for twisty mountain roads and it wouldn't hurt my
feelings to reduce the Berlina body roll a little if that wouldn't otherwise
hurt handling.  It will not be an autocross car.  Has anyone been through
this on their Berlina?  I am sure there are many opinions about the
different shocks available, but I am more interested in the overall springs,
ride height question.  Thanks in advance.
--

Steve Thompson
Attorney at Law

71 Berlina