[alfa] Re: Rain in Seattle and seeking Berlina suspension suggestions

Steve,

I bought my springs from hurtienne in Germany.
http://alfahurtienne.de/htdocs/english/index.htm
They are performance springs from Eibach which slightly lower the
car, but not to much in my subjective opinion.  Very happy with the set.
You may want to replace all 4 corners to maintain balance.  Contact them
directly as the catalogue doesn't list the Berlina but the price is the same
as that listed for Spider and GT.  Fast and friendly service too.

Best of luck,
Livio Passera
Toronto, Canada
73 Berlina
77 Spider

----- Original Message ----- > Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:36:36 -0600
> From: "Stephen D. Thompson" <thompsonlaw@domain.elided>
> Subject: [alfa] Re: Rain in Seattle and seeking Berlina suspension
suggestions

<snip>

> On an Alfa note, I am getting ready to re-do my 71 Berlina suspension.
The
> front needs at least one ball joint.  The rear needs springs.  I may do
the
> shocks at the same time, but may be able to use what is one there.  If I
> replace, I was thinking Koni Reds or Bilsteins.  My biggest issue is where
> to get new rear springs.  I do not want to lower too much and understand
> that most of the parts suppliers have springs designed for Spiders and
GTVs