[alfa] RE: Berlina Suspension

Berlina springs in particular respond very well to chopping the first coil off the springs. It lowers them just enough and reduces body roll. My last Berlina had the springs chopped and I found the ride and height very nice. I'm a fan of slightly stiffer springs, stock shocks and maybe a beefier front sway bar. Too stiff of shocks and you'll jar your fillings loose (for a daily driver) especially here in Seattle with our lovely well kept roadways.

The problem with using GTV or Spider sport springs is that the Berlina weighs more so the result may not be desirable. I can't say for sure though as I've never tried. They might be fine or they might not.

I'm sure that there are other Berlina owners that have more experience with this stuff than I do...

Damian

1970 Euro Berlina 1750/2000
Seattle, WA. <-- rain is good