[alfa] 164 buyer advice

First I'd like thank those own have responded to this question off
digest... So those of you who will find the time to offer help in this
matter please feel free to also do so...

I know many of you own a 164 and I'm sure you have quite a bit of
experience with and knowledge of them to share... I've never owned one, but
currently have an 86 Spider and have also owned a 64 Sprint Veloce...
Neither of these two cars prepare me to buy or own a 164, but I'm in need
of a dry, air conditioned and fun to drive sedan and would love to stay
with an Alfa.. (was also considering of a 4 cylinder sedan, but all that
are here in the US appear to be too old for daily use... anyone disagrees
please advise?)

I'm currently looking at a 91 164L w/ 130K miles. It has a new timing
chain, water pump and from all outward appearance seems to be well kept,
I'm told one owner, blah, blah, blah... What questions should I ask (myself
and the seller, is this and these cars in general a money pit) and where
should look for potential problems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated for I'm hoping to buy test drive and
perhaps buy the car within this next week..

Many Thanks
Gabriel Forzano
South Florida

     8.74 .74(())
     ((88.74 ..74 -:&:-
*..70-:&:-* PEACE and REALITY *-:&:- 07..*
     8.74 .74(())
     ((88.74 ..74 GABRIEL