[alfa] Changing Oil, etc.

In #781 Caxambu asks: "Does anybody know what the height of the dipstick
tube should be for
1750 SPICA engine? Measurement from top of tube to top surface of the
boss on the upper pan.
The one on my car looks like it may have been repaired in the past-- cut
near the bottom and clamped together with a rubber hose/sleeve clamp.
Actually this is a useful feature because it makes the dipstick tube
somewhat flexible-- helpful when R/R the oil filter cannister during oil
changes."

*******

Unnnh, Caxambu, they were designed that way. I always make sure I have
the lower solid tube and the top (semi-flexible) tube either touching or
very close when tightening the (factory) clamp. I assume this is the way
they left the factory and this (hopefully) gives the most accurate
reading on the dipstick.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA