[alfa] Alfa Fuel Vapors

Greetings Alfisti,

I too have suffered fuel vapors from my Alfas over the years. there was that funny little valve in the trunk of the Berlina, fuel line leaks in the Duetto and most recently, the dreaded rail line in my 164L. In this last case, I smelled vapors following recharging my AC, which it appears had nothing to do with the fuel leak. After reading the thread on the Alfa Digest, I looked at the line going into the fuel rail and saw that it was wet. I have replaced it, but am now not sure that I used the correct size line. What should it be?

BTW, I agree that we make too many excuses for poor Alfa engineering because of our passion for the cars. My Volvo 740 was 13 years old when its second turbo departed this life, and my MB 280SE was 18 when I sold it. Neither ever had fuel leaks. I am hopeful that modern Alfas do not suffer these problems.

Dan Nicholes
'91 164L (with new fuel line)
'67 Duetto