Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 05:13 PM 9/4/2003, you wrote:

Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:48:54 -0400
From: William Galinaitis <sgalin@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] is there asbestos in the heat shield

I have a 69 alpha roundtail. In the process of removing the clutch
hydraulic lines I had to remove a heat shield under the driver's side of
the car. THe shield seems to protect the lines and the drivers feet. THe
shield is made out of a white chalky pressed material.

Is this shield made out of asbestos?!

William S. Galinaitis
Assistant Professor Mathematics
Ferrum College