[alfa] Re: 164 up in flames , all safe, was : 164 cabin fuel vapor smell

At 11:47 AM +0000 9/4/03, alfa-digest wrote:
I know the next old car I get I'm going to replace every
fuel line before I drive it.
That's the crux of the matter here. If you wanted a 164, don't refrain from buying another one. The fact that the flames didn't prevent exit from the car by the time you stopped indicate that it's better-designed than some other European cars of the same era. You should *never,* *ever,* (in my humble opinion) drive a fuel injected car with fuel lines more than 10 years old. And I do mean every high pressure line in the car, not just the ones in the engine compartment. That's every fuel line between the pump and the regulator.

Glad you're safe,
Joe Elliott