[alfa] Another Old Wives Tale...

...Is "Do not reverse rotation of radial tires when perfoming tire rotation." i.e. It's OK to switch them front to back, and vice versa, but not side to side. That they should always be rotating in the same direction.

Is this still valid for today's radial tires? The tires on my Spider are due for rotation and thought I'd check with the digesters first.

I have a click torque wrench but it doesn't click when switched into reverse mode (for tightening the lug nuts on the driver's side) so what I have been doing is using it to tighten the lug nuts on the on the passenger side to get a feel for what what the setting "feels" like (manual states 43.4-57.8 Lb ft) and then tighten the driver side lug nuts so it feels the same. I know some people have this torque-feel ability "built-in" after years of practice. Maybe some are born with it. Like perfect pitch.

--Caxambu
1969 Spider 1750 Veloce
Seattle WA