Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 10:15:43 -0700
From: Caxambu <caxambu@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Re: 2nd gear synchro / Slow Shifting / Transmission Care

What about the advice of not resting your hand on the shifter when not
actually shifting? I have heard from more than a few people that resting
your hand on the shifter when not shifting can damage the transmission,
don't remember exactly which part. Old wives tale? Maybe similar to how
a heavy keychain can damage the ignition switch.

- --Caxambu
1969 Spider 1750 Veloce, (Syncros better than average but whiny bearings.)
Seattle WA