[alfa] vapor lock combined with fuel odor.

My 71 Berlina is exhibiting vapor lock like behavior toward the end of 20 or
30 minute drives, typically on warm days and in the afternoon/evening.
Usually, a fuel odor accompanies this behavior, and the trunk, if you open
it, smells of fuel.  I have read the fuel odor threads of late, but I
understand vapor lock issues are more unusual in these cars.  Can anyone
suggest a course of action?

Thanks,

Steve Thompson
71 Berlina