Re[2]: GTV-6 Track Time

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 01:03:26 -0400 Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided> wrote:
> Race preparation isn't my area of expertise, but I'd be tempted to
> mount the shoulder straps to the rear lap belt mounting points.

the rear lap belt mounting points shouldn't be too awful in one of these
cars. you're trying to avoid the situation where the shoulder harness drops
to its attachments at an angle of 45 degrees or steeper. extremely steep
drops can lead to compression fractures of the spine.

long runs to attachment points have their own issues, but these are more
frequently seen in "real race cars" where you have the (remote) possibility
of taking a heavy hit that significantly distorts the structure of the car.
in race cars, you normally just wrap the shoulder belts around a lateral
bar in the plane of the main rooll hoop.

richard