RE: - Spider resto (Rotisserie)

> If a completely stripped spider body (no fittings or
> suspension) doesn't bend when sitting upright supported on
> stands at both ends, I don't see why it would bend when
> placed upside-down ?  Further, I imagine that the structure
> would be inherently strong enough laterally, so working with
> the body on its side would be less of an issue.

Your completely stripped Spider body *will* bend when sitting upright.
You don't want to be aligning doors and stuff while you're on jackstands
or a lift.  That body has some flex to it.

After you remove the doors, with the car sitting on it's wheels, measure
across the top of the doors on both sides.  Put it on a lift (with
different support points than the wheels), turn it upside down, etc, and
measure those same distances across the doors.

I think you'll notice some change..

HTH,

bs