re: GTV-6 Track Time

At 3:49 AM +0000 8/26/03, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:19:11 -0400
From: Shures <shures@domain.elided>
Subject: GTV-6 Track Time

Alfisti,

I am running my GTV-6 at Nelsen Ledges in a club event in few weeks and
would appreciate pointers on tire pressures and shock settings. The car
has Koni Yellows on front and Reds on the rear.  The tires are 205
55/15's.  It has Alfa Ricambi Super Sport suspension.

I am also in the process of installing a 5 pt harness and have decided
to attach the shoulder straps up high in the back, somewhere on the rear
"bulkhead."  I do not have a roll bar.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Scott Shure
85 GTV-6
Race preparation isn't my area of expertise, but I'd be tempted to mount the shoulder straps to the rear lap belt mounting points. If you feel the need to mount them higher then maybe attach one to the rear shoulder harness (not fitted to USA models, but the mount is there) mounting point and the other one somewhere else on top of the bulkhead. I think I'd feel safer using existing seatbelt mounting points, though.

-Joe