RE: alfa-digest V9 #738 - Spider resto (Rotisserie)

>        The nice thing about a rotisserie is you can position the car
to the
> best angle for welding.  I can and do weld upside down, but I am not
good at
> it.  Plus gravity definitely helps the molten puddle meld into the
surrounding
> metal.  Most things that I have welded upside down get the welds
ground down
> and done a second time just to get a good job.

Right, but this is exactly the thing I tried to warn about in my
original response.

With the car in a rotisserrie, on it's side, it might be a little
'bent'.  If you do a lot of welding while it's in that position
(especially something like seam welding), then you might end up with a
car that's a little twisted after you take it out of the rotisserrie.

Just a word of caution.  I suppose you could weld one seam or floor on
one side, then rotate the car in the rotisserrie to do the other side,
but it is something to be aware of.

bs