RE: Spider resto (Rotisserie)

> I know many have used rotisseries with good results. I've
> never used one nor would I - ever. As much as I hate working
> under a car, especially scraping off caked on grease and
> removing rust, I'd prefer the car to be solidly mounted.
> True, I'd prefer a lift, but somehow the budget never seems
> to stretch that far.

A well built rotisserie can be just as solid as a lift.  And while a
lift is better than nothing, it's much easier to turn a car on it's side
and face it than it is to stand underneath it looking upwards for
extended periods of time.

Glynn built one for his Super.  I think he mounted to the front bumper
mounts and through the grill to the motor mounts in the front, and to
the rear bumper mounts and through the tail light openings to the shock
towers in the rear.  But I could be wrong.  It's very solid, he
transported the car from the old shop to the new shop still in the
rotisserie.

Use a rotisserie for cleaning the undersides, but when it comes time to
start welding and stuff, support it on a lift.  You don't want to be
welding seams and stuff with the car tilted sideways, as you might end
up with it a little distorted when you're finished.

bs