RE: 164 A/C mystery

From: "Ed Parise" <parise3307@domain.elided>
>Here are the particulars: he said freon is
>flowing in the sight glass, no bubbles, lines not cold, readings with the
>engine running---Low, 30; High 150; engine NOT running---Low 70, High 115.
If
>anyone has a clue as to what might be going on here or what needs to be
>replaced, please let me know.  Thanks

Your pressures sound fine.  My best guess would be a stepper motor issue,
and the door is not getting positioning in the correct location to blow
across the evaporator.  I am assuming that an improperly operating pressure
or de-ice switch would cause the compressor clutch NOT to engage, and from
your stated pressures, it IS engaging.

Brad