RE: Re-using V6 Valve Cover Gaskets

>if I've got a relatively fresh (8000 miles) set of gaskets
>on there, how big a risk am I taking by re-using them?  I'm more
concerned
>about the gaskets for the spark plug holes leaking than the perimeter
>gaskets, since I might not see the leak on those until the plug in
drowning
>in oil.

If the spark plug gaskets are still soft rather than hardened you are in
good shape there. Provided that the cam cover gaskets don't break they
can be safely reused. Once on a valve adjustment, I broke the back cam
cover gasket on removal. Being desperate, without a spare handy, I
repaired the gasket with a dab of RTV on each end of the one inch break.
It never leaked.

Regards,
Ken