Re-using V6 Valve Cover Gaskets

The issue here is mostly the hassle of going out to get the gasket set,
finding they're out of stock, etc rather than the cost, so let me say right
up front, you're not allowed to call me a "cheap bastard".  So with that
disclaimer said, if I've got a relatively fresh (8000 miles) set of gaskets
on there, how big a risk am I taking by re-using them?  I'm more concerned
about the gaskets for the spark plug holes leaking than the perimeter
gaskets, since I might not see the leak on those until the plug in drowning
in oil.

Thoughts, experiences???

Brad