164 A/C mystery

Last summer I took my 91 164 to my local mechanic (Ford, Chevy guy---don't
laugh, that's all we have here---but he's nice) to service the A/C because it
was blowing hot. He made it blow cold---for a while. I just took it in to him
again today with the same complaint; fully expecting the freon (R-12) to be
gone. He put the gauges on it and it's not empty! Hooray! But he couldn't
figure out what might be causing it to not cool the air. So I offered to put
the problem on the digest and maybe one of our able minded Alfisti could shed
some light. He said, "Great, let me know what they say". So, Alfisti, here's
your chance to shine once again. Here are the particulars: he said freon is
flowing in the sight glass, no bubbles, lines not cold, readings with the
engine running---Low, 30; High 150; engine NOT running---Low 70, High 115. If
anyone has a clue as to what might be going on here or what needs to be
replaced, please let me know.  Thanks

Ed Parise

91 164L
88 Milano