Re: Expensive Milano Verde?

You know I was thinking exactly the same thing here. Just because the car has low miles and looks like it is in great shape, in no way means that you won't have to spend serious cash fixing things that break. The car is still running on 15 year old components which can give out.

I paid what I thought was too much for my Milano, $7000 because it was in such good shape. But the owner wasn't exactly forthright in explaining why there was a vibration I was feeling. Eventually I wound up having to replace the transmission. Now granted, doing so on a Milano isn't so expensive, but it goes to show how things just happen. I've had my car for close to 18 months now and have put in a new tranny, clutch, front shocks, rear spings, alternator and tires. I hear some noise from the water pump indicating that that is also due for a replacement.

Its nice though not having to deal with a cracked dash, jacked up paint, and holed upholstery! All those cosmetic things can really add up. You really should try to talk him down. The most I've ever heard a Milano recently selling for is $10,000. But it had 50k miles on it.

Negotiate with him try to get the price down.

Derek

pssst, I can get you a good deal on an really clean Milano with a new tranny, tires etc.... ;-) just kidding.

You could easily spend $15,000 on a $4000 Verde between new paint, interior cosmetics and mechanical repairs including a top end engine rebuild, suspension parts and the like.
And not being privvy to the car, its actual history,
and the owner and hois personal history with thecar,
you easily spend that same amount too with the $14000
car.

The simple fact is that it's the car that's the
unknown quantity, and unless there's some sort of
warranty attached to the price, I would respectfully
suggest that it's way over the top, and even meeting
the asking price half way is still way, way, way too
much.