RE: Seat belts

> Amazingly I didn't find anything in the archives about this,
> but here goes.  My wife keeps asking me if I can install
> 3-point seat belts in my '74 Spider.  I told her that I'd
> probably have to change the seats, like the ones on my
> previous '86.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Can
> I keep my old seats and install 3-pointers?
>
> If it makes her happier about the car and makes it safer to
> drive, I guess it's a project I could move up the list.

I'm late to the game on this.

Buy Bibas seat belt kit.  That way if you kill yourself in an accident,
you'll have somebody to sue.

Another alternative is to grab belts and hardware from a later Spider.
You can use the shoulder guides on your seats, but make sure you get the
guides from the earlier later model Spiders, somewhere along the way
they changed the seats and those shoulder guides won't work with the
early seats.

In all seriousness, I'd give Bibas kit a good look, nothing beats a
package that's already been thought out and put together for you..

bs