Seat belts

Amazingly I didn't find anything in the archives about this, but here goes.  My wife keeps asking me if I can install 3-point seat belts in my '74 Spider.  I told her that I'd probably have to change the seats, like the ones on my previous '86.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Can I keep my old seats and install 3-pointers?

If it makes her happier about the car and makes it safer to drive, I guess it's a project I could move up the list.

Thanks,

Terry