V6 timing belt - racer's view

The race cars either have the original style oil feed unit or a Zat fixed
unit. In 7 years of racing, I have never had a tensioner failure as a
result of going off the track backwards.

One the race cars, I replace the water pumps and timing belts every two
years or when the heads come off to be freshened up which ever comes
first. On my street Alfa's 18-24  months even though mileage is much less
than 30k, but it is cheap insurance.

ANDREWG