164 door won't open!

Hi all,
I know i've seen discussion about this before and I never paid attention. My
LS's driver's door will not open. I have the panel off on the inside and
played around with the linkages on the inside, but could not figure out what
is wrong. The Door will not lock, but pops back open on me. The doorhandles,
both inside and outside are useless too. Any ideas???

thanks,

Karl
'91 164L
'95 164LS