RE: Maserati 4Porte <NAC> & Maser V-6's & Citroen SM very little Alfa content

> > How is the V-6 in the Bi-Turbo related to the V-6 in the Citroen
> > Maserati (SM).
>
> Aside from the fact that they are both V-6's, I don't believe that
they
> have much in common at all.

The Citroen SM shares the V6 with the Merak, not the BiTurbo.

> who can make you a new one, You're out of luck. Also the hydraulic
> system is a nightmare and very difficult to keep running. Maserati
> adapted it for the Merak/Bora (I forget which. One had it one didn't)
> at about the same time, and consequently, those cars have some of the
> same hydraulic problems as do the SM. Parts, I understand, are also a
> problem. They are hard to come by and they are expensive. But I agree
> that they were gorgeous cars, and therefore not very representative of

> Citroens of that era.

The Bora and the Merak both had the hydraulics, although they were
dropped in the later Meraks.

The hydraulics are not really that bad or unreliable, as long as they
are maintained.  My only gripe with the hydraulic system is the dash
switches, if/when they leak you get hydraulic fluid dripping inside the
passenger compartment.

Fwiw, I have *never* felt any car with the braking power of the Bora.
It is simply amazing how much braking force that car generates at any
speed.

Maserati GT cars, once properly sorted, are not that unreliable,
including the Citroen brakes.  Or so I've heard, I won't really know
until I'm finished sorting mine..

bs