daily drivers' reliability

Yup, I'll have to agree too.  Being an "old" Alfa Spider owner (24 years)
who has retired what used to be my one and only car, and daily driver for
many years, (reliable by the way), and who now only keeps the Spider
as a "toy", (and very pampered mind you), I used to be aloof to anything
that had an Alfa Romeo badge on it if it did not look like a Spider or a
GT, in my book, it was a lesser vehicle, not a REAL Alfa.  Then I needed
a daily driver when I came here to Italy and I began to look for something
different.  In the local Alfa dealer's used car lot I saw a real cheap, and
what I used to think was about the ugliest Alfa on the road, an 89 1.6 liter

Alfa 75.  About the only thing Alfa on I thought was the color, Alfa Rosso.

A short ride and the car sounded noisy, (bad muffler) and was making
horrible
sounds in the drive train and bad brakes to boot, but still it was in good
condition and the body and paint were excellent.  I talked to my mechanic
and
he said that the car was really good and the shop would take care of the few

problems that the car had.  In very short order I absolutely fell in love
with the car; the handling, the engine response and power for a 1.6 liter
are exceptional.
Now a year and a half later the love relationship continues and even the
big boxy look is beginning to grow on me.  I could not have found a better
or more reliable daily driver.

Dan K.