Daily drivers

Just as I was about to send the following down to Richard's press room,
the quoted portion below was slipped under my office door. It reads as
follows:

"I find this entire discussion amusing.

"Biba, isn't an Alfetta Coupe your only car?  Aside from an electronic
ignition (which tends to cause you some grief), it would seem to be
fairly reliable, no?

"So basically, when you argue that older Alfas don't make sense as daily
drivers, what are you saying about your own personal choices?"

bs

(bs wins a free trip to Death Valley for his intuitive insight (and
since I apparently need to spell things out, I'm well aware 'intuitive
insight' is redundant).

********

Poor Andrew Watry. Somehow his letter was pulled out of the stack of
enthusiastic owners of older Alfa daily drivers to pick on.

Don't most know my one and only daily driver is a '75 Alfetta GT? I
drove to CA lo those many decades ago (in the dead of winter) in a 1950
2.5 liter Riley (must
admit it has four doors, but is considered a sporting saloon). It was
the daily driver for years. Later I bought a Fiat Abarth Zagato 750
which was my daily driver for even more years. I know of wearing hair
shirts.

Can't a guy have a little fun whilst finishing off the Hart wine and
typing with the other hand?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA