RE: Maserati vs. Alfa

> But they suffered serious problems in getting their
> power onto the road, and in keeping the tyres in
> contact with the road. Taking an 80's Mas out into the
> rain was an exercise in bravery.
>
> Or stupidity. I'll leave that to your judgement. :)

A friend worked at HPC in Waltham, Mass, while they were still selling
Maserati's (and Alfas).

He commented to me once that they had a large number of BiTroubles come
in with reported clutch slippage, when in fact it was the rear wheels
breaking loose so easily in the wet.

Fwiw.

bs, many Alfas but only one Maserati, and it's not anything recent..