RE: Maserati vs. Alfa

Brian,

--- Brian Shorey <bshorey@domain.elided> wrote:

> > But they suffered serious problems in getting
> their
> > power onto the road, and in keeping the tyres in
> > contact with the road. Taking an 80's Mas out into
> the
> > rain was an exercise in bravery.
> >
> > Or stupidity. I'll leave that to your judgement.
> :)
>
> A friend worked at HPC in Waltham, Mass, while they
> were still selling Maserati's (and Alfas).
>
> He commented to me once that they had a large number
> of BiTroubles come in with reported clutch
> slippage, when in fact it was the rear wheels
> breaking loose so easily in the wet.

Yep.

Mine was a carb'd version, and frequently, while
negotiating left hand turns, the engine would cut out
momentarily with a fuel/gravity contention issue.

> bs, many Alfas but only one Maserati, and it's not
> anything recent..

Been there, done that, sold the t-shirt, and the Mas
was usually the last car to be selected for the daily
drive to the orifice.

=====
g.
Gary Stark