RE: Maserati vs. Alfa

I can't comment on the V6 biturbo range, but having owned an '84
Quattroporte V8 (albeit briefly), the attention to service requires a
commitment "several steps above" what my V6 Alfas would normaly require.
Everything they say about the Maserati steering is true, as the weight of
the car disappears at freeway speeds. It was simply a joy to drive. While
certainly not setting any performance benchmarks, except perhaps "worst
mpg," it is what it is: a big, grand touring sedan. The interior is the
epitome of old world style: without question one of finest of any passenger
car produced in the 1980s. In one instance I had to take apart one of the
rear passenger door inside panels. The panel and the armrest were covered
with leather, of course, but once you had it all apart you could see that
the entire armrest was made of wood!!

Chris Robyn
SF Bay Area
'88 Verde