Re: berlina 1750 dash in a 2.0?

Stevan Thomas asks about replacing the dash in his 2000 Berlina with "a 1750
metal dash, does anyone know if it will fit?"

On my 1972 2000 Berlina and 1969 1750 Berlina the mountings and surroundings
are identical, as is the foamed plastic on metal core construction, and
susceptibility to cracking. The prohibitive difference is the wiring loom: the
1750 has separate instruments individually wired (including lighting and
grounds) while the 2000 has an integrated instrument cluster with a printed
circuit board and block connectors. Swapping dashes would be a snap, if and
only if complete wiring looms were swapped at the same time. (The same thing
goes, in all respects, for the 1750 and 2000 GT Veloces- at least mine.) A
conversion without swapping wiring looms would involve cutting and splicing
every wire behind the dash, a task I would not want to undertake.

John H.