Re: 105 GTV Dual Oil Pressure Gauges

Lawrence:

Don't, But If you must, be sure to engineer a solid connection braced to prevent vibration damage else you will set up a spraying oil mist-er that you will regret having installed. Proper brass fittings and gaskets are a must. Also make sure pieces don't have too tight a clearance with frame, or bulkhead, or firewall and could be damaged if/when engine moves against motor mounts. And make sure to clamp lines so they don't rub / vibrate against block or frame. If you mount the gauge in/on the dash, make sure the flexible (engine movement,) pressurized, hot oil line to the gauge running thru your firewall (is grommeted) and running into your cockpit doesn't rub and is secure.

Another alternative is gauge mounted outside the cockpit, no oil line in the cockpit. Or simpler consider just a second redundant sender /electric gauge some of the same under hood prevention of damage issues; but none of the hot oil line problems.

Some of the above comes from a 101 Sprint remote oil filter installation experience and 101 Sprint mechanical gauge issues 25 + years ago. Me, I'd just make sure I had a good electric sender and ground.

Oh, to answer your original question, physics law says pressure is constant throughout the system.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX

Gowin, Lawrence wrote:

I am considering threading an extension and a splitter from the oil pressure
sending unit hole in my 2 litre GTV.  This would allow me to run the original
gauge as well as a mechanical.  The obvious question to ask me is why run
gauges two if I know the stock gauge is inaccurate, but I would like to keep
the original components working.  Looking at a dead gauge would bother me.
Are there any implications to doing this?  Will the changes in fluid pressure
be propagated well enough through the small section of pipe and the T to drive
two gauges?

Regards,
Lawrence
'71 GTV