V6 Compression Test

Dear Digesti,

I'm going to do a compression test on my '87 Milano V6 and I want to know
how to
disable the ignition system so I don't burn anything out. My Milano workshop
manual
contains this incomprehensible advice:

"For compression testing, disconnect the power module terminal pin or
positively ground terminal 4
on the coil to the auxiliary lead to prevent injury and damage to
components. The auxiliary lead
should be connected to a resistance of at least 2 k Ohm, For instance using
the R.F. interference
suppressor (5 k Ohm)."

Anybody have a concise explanation as to what to disconnect (or connect)
when I crank the engine with all the plugs removed?

Thanks,

Rich Hirsch
'87 Milano, 110k miles
'78 Spider, 88k miles