RE: oil pressure guages

> Is it unique to Alfas that when the pressure shows an unusually
> low reading the first thought is "gee, the gauge must be broken"?

No, I've known a number of people with various vehicles do this.
Strongly recommend against it.  The gauge is there to inform you
of important information.  When your fuel gauge shows empty,
do you think, "Gee, the gauge must be broken," or do you do something
about the empty tank?  Same principle.

Cheers,
Anthony White
Wellington, NZ