RE: ATE Brake rebuild

> Looking for a little help disassembling my rear brakes in my 88 spider. Having trouble removing
> bolts to break the caliper assembly in two. If I cut the bolts, are they available separately?

I was told that if I split the callipers, I should replace the bolts anyway -- the theory goes that they're high tensile, so only really should be torqued once.  If torqued a second time, they become brittle and loose their 'stretch', leading to leaks.

I haven't formed an opinion on whether this is a valid theory or not; just passing it on.

Regards,
Anthony White
Wellington, NZ