Berlina ignition switch

Regarding Jeff's Berlina ignition switch:

The newer type switch (used on 2000 Berlinas and others) should work fine,
as long as you hook the electrical wires up to the same terminals as on the
old switch; they have little identifying numbers I believe on the backside.
My Giulia Super had its old switch replaced with the type you have at some
point and it's all fine.

The two extra wires on the later type switch are for the seatbelt interlock,
I think.  You should be able to just tape them off.

The switch is held onto the steering column by a 6mm bolt that has a
break-away head to prevent theft.  A 10mm head breaks off as you tighten it
on installation, leaving a rounded carriage bolt head flush against the
column.  Assuming that's still there, you can remove it by (1) tapping out
with a small chisel, (2) cutting a screwdriver slot in it with a saw or
Dremel, or (3) drilling the head off or otherwise destroying the bolt.  You
shouldn't have to remove the steering column.  This is a pretty common
procedure.

Andrew Watry