164LS No start update

OK a quick update-- refer to earlier posts for the symptoms

a. Got home tonight, gave it a try-- no luck-- cranks great, never catches
b. Talked to an Alfa wrench, he was thinking out loud-- 'did you set the
alarm'?
c. Got me to thinkin-- lets try it (i never use the alarm as it has crappy
range )
d. Put new batteries in the fobs-- sat in the car, tried to trigger it-- no
joy
e. Took the trunk trim  out, removed the pos batt cable, removed the two
connectors to the alarm ECU, removed the alarm ECU, opened it up, looked at
it, tapped the relays, put everything back, , replaced pos cable-- voila---
could turn on alarm with fob.
f. But, couldn;t turn it off!  I removed the translucent plastic cover on the
receivers, and then the signal worked fine.
g. Car started right up. Put translucent purple cover back on the receiver
h. Now, I can set/unset alarm at will. One thing that does not happen is the
turn signal lamps blinking 3 times after setting it.

Ideas? How does the alarm ECU disable the start (ie is it through an inhibit
line to the motronic ECU?)Has anyone seen an alarm that does not blink the
turn signals after setting it on an LS? Other suggestions?

Thanks all
Bob