Oil discussion.

Anthony;

Valvoline oil has been the only oil used since the first oil change. Probable
the first couple of oil changes were regular 20w-50w (10,000 miles) and then I
switched to the Racing oil for the next 180,000 miles. I switched to the high
mileage oil around the 200,000 mile mark. All the oil used in this vehicle has
been Valvoline.

I am the original owner of the car, daily driver, weekend driver, and all the
time driver. Purchased January 19, 1991, the best birthday present I ever
bought myself, right up they're with the four post lift. The first nine years
of its life it seen 70+ miles per day, six day per week, plus trips to Dallas
pretty regularly, 500+ miles round trip. Since moving to the Memphis area I
only drive about 30 miles a day five days a week, 100 or so miles on weekends,
with one trip to Nashville for the convention. My wife's 98 mercury mystique
purchased in April 1998, has 38,000 miles on it, it's the around town errand
car. It uses FMC oil, still under extended warranty.

Prior to becoming a Valvoline user I used nothing by Quaker State in every car
I owned for the last 45+ years, all of them high mileage or long timed
owned(wife's 85 T-Bird 90,000 miles after 13 years). I switched to Valvoline
because the dealer that I bought my Spider from said he used Valvoline in his
Alfa race cars and never lost an engine. Good enough for me.

No offense taken, hope this helps

Cordova Ralph
1991 Spider Veloce W/Automatic Transmission 200,000+ (S)miles and a few
frowns.
1964 Giulia 1600 Spider