Factory oil filters

I bought a bunch of the new Alfa "factory" filters (white w/Fiat & Alfa writing) and they are tiny in comparison to the old "factory" (Orange w/ Alfa emblem) or even the aftermarket filters like a Fram.  I was told that it was made smaller to install/remove the filters easier.  I guess that would be especially true on the V6's.  I remember having a hell of a time squeezing the filter pass the AC lines.

My only concern with the smaller size is that you are filtering a smaller quanitity of oil in the same time frame with the bigger filter.  So does that change the flow rate of the oil through out the whole engine?

Alan