Re: Factory oil filters

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 11:41:27 -0400 ALFAXTC@domain.elided wrote:
> My only concern with the smaller size is that you are filtering a
> smaller quanitity of oil in the same time frame with the bigger filter.
> So does that change the flow rate of the oil through out the whole
> engine?

you should be most concerned about the useful filter area inside the
filter. this turns out to be only vaguely related to the size of the can.
the following URL may be of considerable interest.

      http://minimopar.net/oilfilters.html

hint: napa sells a pretty good filter. some other name brands aren't
nearly so good.  unfortunately, the OE filters for Alfas have not, so
far as i know, received the kind of dismantle and measure treatment
that the tested filters go on this web page.)

cheers,
  richard