RE: 95 164LS Air Bag - Result

I finally got around and took the car in at Cammisa's to
get the airbag system warning light reset. I took chance
to ask a few related questions, and apparently:

1. the airbag system is VIN based (whatever that means?
   differnt way to hook up? different encoding?)
2. Ron sez the airbag system doesn't always work on these
   cars (164LS.. failure on impact?)
3. Airbag ECU replacement cost $1200
4. Used airbag ECU possible if given VIN number, of course
   they will certainly not warrant the works with used
   parts.

Cammisa's rate is about $100/hr. It is a premium shop,
and an authorized maserati/ferrari shop too. So rate is
reasonable even compare to other dealerships. A 360 and
a 355 spider on display floor at the time I pick up
my 164 LS. I can droll....

Jess