4R Zagato: Boneschi version? (+ other replicas)

In #684 Ron Horowitz asks if anyone knows about the possibility that
Boneschi made the first version of the '60's fake version of the 30's
1750 Zagato bodied Alfa.

Since I happen to own a 'Carrozzeria Boneschi' book I perused through it
(perhaps for the fourth time). Proves nothing, but there were no
pictures of it. However it sounds like something Boneschi would do.
Especially after WWII they did some very strange stuff.

As I recall, a 60's version at last years Alfa National won The People's
Choice award. Sort of like a really, really adorable little mixed-breed
puppy winning the Westminister dog show.

A few months ago John H. disparaged my desire to turn a '69 Alfa Spider
into Pinin Farinas pre-round-tail '59 SSS show car. He emailed me with,
"proportions, proportions, proportions". Unfortunately, he hit it on the
head. I'm quite surprised he's hung in there on the fake 1750 Zagato
(slow news day?).

Also during the discussions on my 'semi-recreation' SSS, John used the
word 'gouge' to describe the side concave curve on all Series 1 through
4 Spiders. Since no one complained, figure I can describe the 60's
Zagato as fake.

I'm glad Zak McGregor (immediately followed by Dean Cains) identified
the later version of the SS100 as being made by Panther Westwinds. Never
saw one in the flesh, but appeared to be quite true to the original
design.

Never knew 'Squire' made a replica SS100, but the original 30's Squire
has to be one, if not The most beautiful sports car of that decade.

And again to quote, "proportions, proportions, proportions'.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA