164LS No Start

Gracious Alfisti

I have this intermittent, recurring, vexing issue with my 95 LS (116K on
the odometer, well taken care of generally)
Periodically, when it decides to, it won;t start. Cranks just fine, never
catches, just cranks and cranks.  Happens about once every 6 months or so.
Eventually, after a few minutes, it decides to run and all is cool. I
thought I had it licked when I replaced the temp sender unit and
connector, packed it with dielectric grease, etc--- DId that about a year
ago.

This AM, I drove it about 15 miles.  Ran great! Parked it, came out two
hours later and it wouldn;t start.  Checked for codes--- 4-4-4-4.  Cracked
open one of the fuel rails, got some spray leakage, so pressure was good.
Cranked and cranked-- wife getting upset, 90 degrees and climbing, two
kids, you get the idea. Fiddled with the temp sender unit and connector---
no change.  Futzed with a bunch of stuff, no luck.  Just as I'm getting
ready to call AAA, I crack open the fuel rail again (loosen up the clamp,
slip off the rubberFI hose)-- let some spray out, resecure, retighten, and
hop back in. Voila. Starts and runs just fine.

Ideas? Unless there can be a vapor lock kind of deal, I think the fuel
rail intervention is co-incidence. I am willing to try just about anything
at this point---

Thanks, Bob