Lubricants

       I agree that Racing oil may not have the detergents required for
street use.  I quit running Red Line Racing Oil in my race car as it left a slimy
appearing residue in the bottom of the sump.  The Red Line street oils seem to
work fine.  I am just not sure it is worth the $8 per quart cost.  The
transmission and rear end fluids do not get changed as often and I run Red Line
there.  I use Redline MTL in the transmission and NS in the rear end.
       I like ATE blue brake fluid.  It is really good on the street and
occasional track usage.  Plus it has such a pretty color.  However, I am starting
to push my SCCA ITB race car hard enough that the ATE Blue may not have a high
enough boiling point.  I am getting a very spongy pedal unless I bleed the
brakes quite thoroughly after each track session.
       But if you want pretty blue brake fluid, OGRacing.com seems to have
the best price I have found.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City