Re: lubricants

I started this thread and curiously nobody on this list seems to be aware of
the Valvoline Racing Oil. I am from Canada where it is not generally
available over the counter. I order it through my local UAP outlet. I have
88000 miles on the 1750. Rebuilt at 53000 miles. Have used the Racing oil
for most of the 35000 miles. Using a regular conventional 20W50, you notice
increased engine noise, increased sluggishness etc. within a few hours of
use. Mind you I do hammer the engine, (essentially to keep the carbon build
up under control, Grin). I have never tried a full synthetic oil in this or
other engines (also have a silver shadow, it likes the 20W50 racing oil
too).

1. the valvoline SAE 20W50 VR1 Racing motor oil available in canada is
rather different from the Valvoline regular 20W50
2. it costs about twice as much. it is listed under Valvoline VC211. From
label reads:
Valvoline's Racing (R) Formula (A Premium Conventional Motor Oil) * Race
Track proven * Protects against High Temperature deposits for a cleaner
engine * ZDDP additive provides tough anti-wear protection * has friction
modifiers which improve performance through reduced fuel consumption *
Formulated with enhanced anit-foam system * for use in ANY car, light truck,
or SUV where API "SL" is recommended, ... change your oil every 3 months or
5000 kilometers for maximum protection

EXCEEDS API SERVICES SL/CD/SJ And All Preceeding API Gasoline Categories.

Valvoline Canada .... Made in U.S.A.