Re: removal of rear view mirror?

That's because it's rusted in place..  The mirror is just held on by what
amounts to a giant snap button (like on your winter jackets).  The only
thing screwed on is the little plate covering the wires.  Generally you just
pry the mirror off, no screws, no nothing.  In fact, mine is too loose now
after I fixed the day/night switch... Maybe I'll just have to wait another
30 yrs so it will rust in place ;)