RE: Drained battery... culprits?

I have a 91 Spider and had a similar experience one winter a few ago.  My
mechanic finally traced it to the circuits themselves after changing out and
eliminating the relays as the culprits.  Our solution was to disable the
circuits by leaving the relays out.  It took about .2 seconds to get used to
no footwell lights and now there is no danger of kicking the switch and
leaving the lights on inadvertently either.  Battery is now fine for months
at a time, rain or shine.

My advice is take the relays out and live without, OR rewire the whole
circuit.  As always, YMMV.  Good luck.

Cheers!
Hutson