RE: dead, i mean restin' GTV6

> At 4:28 AM +0000 7/25/03, alfa-digest wrote:
> >Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:08:17 -0400
> >From: Andy Kress <aokress@domain.elided>
> >Subject: Re: dead, i mean restin' GTV6
> >
> >can anyone offer a quickie suggestion - friend was driving his GTV6
last
> >night - died, caught, and then everything went black.  no power
anywhere
> >for anything.  cable at battery positive terminal was completely
> >loose.  tightened it up and expected all to be right. unfortunately,
no
> >joy.  good power at the terminals. no juice anywhere else in the car.
> >any suggestions where to look first?
> >andy
>
> Battery negative connection?  Connection between that cable and the
> chassis?  Junction of battery and other crucial cables on front of
> wiper motor enclosure?  Junction on LF inner fender just ahead of
> washer fluid resevoir?

As Joe said, check all the grounds (at the battery, the engine block,
etc).  Also, check the connections to the dual relay on the passenger
side firewall.  Finally, check connections to sensors at the front of
the motor, however I'm not sure a bad connection there will result in a
complete power off scenario.

Try jump starting the car.  There is a chance the battery ran dead, and
he didn't notice it while the car was running.

bs